The house right across from mine is a large blue 70's style rectangular home, the kind many of my friends grew up in with the living room and kitchen on one end of the upstairs and bedrooms on the other with a large recreational room downstairs.
To be honest I hadn't given it much thought.
Then one day I noticed a "Please come in, we're open" sign on the front door. Mystified I thought, well that is kind of weird...maybe someone put it there as a joke?
Then later that day I noticed two of my little trouble makers go into the house only to emerge with MASSIVE ice cream cones and huge smiles on their faces.
It turns out that my neighbour is a teacher at the school and her husband is a chef at the local eatery, he runs a side business in the house. He has a soft serve ice cream machine that he turns on sometimes and he makes pizzas and ice cream cakes to order.
Good to know!!!
They are nicknamed "bc box" and if you ever live in one you'll know why...
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha! My Grandmother used to live in one.
ReplyDelete