| Graffiti on the shed behind the school "SKOOL SUX" |
Bits and pieces:
Discovered my cat has acne! This was probably due to the stress of the move here, he spent most of the trip crying or hiding underneath my van seat.
I'm putting my brand new rain jacket to good use here. The rain isn't incessant it kind of comes and goes as it likes.
I'm getting to know and love my students, they are all individually wonderful. Together they can be challenging but I am doing my best and we are slowly coming together as a functioning classroom.
I go for walks every day and I have now fully explored the village. One day last week I walked out to the airport with a friend, I don't know how far of a walk it was I'm guessing 20-30 minutes each way. We enjoyed a lovely coffee at the airport coffee shop and then walked home again. I keep hoping I will see a wolf or bear but nothing yet.
The village dogs bark often and sometimes well into the night. Last night one of the dogs was barking well past midnight until someone said in a very annoyed manly voice "BRING. YOUR. DOG. IN." Then the barking stopped. People are funny.
I learned at the last staff meeting that there is going to be a large staff turn over. Anyone interested in teaching in Bella Bella? They are also looking for more TAs, as two are going back to school and one is going on maternity leave.
Our school is currently under construction, mold was discovered in the old part of the school so there has been a crew at work on the building every day since I arrived. The gym was supposed to be finished on Friday but sadly when the kids went to use the space it rained and it was discovered that the roof now leaks in 8 or 9 places. Poor kids.
This coming Friday is my first ever real teacher payday!! Wahooooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment