Yesterday I blew it. I made a mistake and in doing so I upset a little man so badly that he went home in tears at recess. Never mind the fact that there is no way I could have known what was going on in his personal life, I did damage instead of good. I found out after he and I had, had words that his home life is very difficult. The moral and ethical responsibilities of this job hang heavy on me at the moment. I remember all of my favorite and least favorite teachers, especially from elementary years. I remember the effect that they have had on me. I am not a religious person but right now I am hoping to heaven that I can turn this situation around, I don't want this child to check out because of something I said or did.
I know this is vague but I need to keep it so to protect the privacy of all involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment