Saturday, 27 April 2013

Friday Night

As far as weeks go, this past one had been total shit.

But Friday was payday and after school I headed down, through the ever present rain, to the Band store to pick up some groceries. I was just on my way home again when I heard someone call my name. Some of my friends were going to Shearwater for dinner, did I want to go?

Yes.

So, not three minutes passed and I was on the water bus heading to Shearwater, groceries and all. I had a much needed relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable evening. The three of us adults split a bottle of wine and later on some heavenly cheese cake mmmmmmmmmm.

The little one ran back and forth chasing after a balloon, when it popped he was mystified at its disappearance. For the rest of the night he would ask "Alloon?"

Later we went outside to watch the little one chase robins, we stood there laughing until he got to close to the edge of the lawn and then we took off running after him. His Mom runs faster than I do and crisis was averted.

On the way home I just had enough time to pick up a small gift for Mom, hopefully it will get to her in time for Mother's Day.

Walking up through the village in the rain while inebriated gave me the giggles for some reason. At any rate most people were indoors by that time so it didn't matter.

Shearwater lawn on a much nicer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment