Sunday, 7 April 2013

keeping it Classy

I've been asked a lot of questions about the school and my classroom So here are some images of where I work.
My favorite room in the school, the gathering space in the Secondary area.

My grade four classroom! The only room in the school with blackboards!
 The school is quite nice, it has been painted cheery bright colours on the inside. There is a lot of new technology available for the students to use and there are literally tons of resources at my finger tips.
I was a bit surprised by my classroom when I first arrived because as you can see in the image below it has black, blackboards. I didn't even have those when I went to school, I had green boards when I was growing up.  In the last week we have had a SMART board installed in our room, much to the delight of the students. We don't have any computers in our room but right across the hallway is the support room and there are ten working computers in there which is perfect for times when some of my students need to use them or I want to reward those students who have already finished their work.

When I arrived the class was rather bare, the woman who had been covering for me before i arrived had added some colour and art while she was here but i want to liven it up even more.
  There is an alarm on the school building and I am always wary of setting it off since I can not recall the alarm code and neither can anyone else I ask. 
Another view of my room. I get beautiful light through those windows.

The back of the school, where I arrive every morning.


The view from my class.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures Nomi! I love YOUR classroom. Have you started filling it with books? Whatever classroom I move into will have to have shelves because I keep buying books with the idea that I will ONE DAY have a class :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are already tons of books in my class and it is a bit difficult to get ahold of new books here. When I get my $$ for next years classroom I will be buying LOTS of stuff.

    ReplyDelete