Saturday, 27 April 2013

Big Day Out

This morning I went for a walk with a friend to the grand opening of the new Bella Bella composting facility. There were about ten of us gathered to watch Dave, the man in charge, explain the layout and cut the pink ribbon. 30 Family names were pulled out of a bucket for the initial six month trial. The fruits of Dave's labours were evident in the beautiful rich dark soil he pulled out of his composting pit.

After our tour of the compost we walked back into town and to the school to help support our grads in their fundraising efforts. They were hosting a flea market today in the school gym. I had most generously donated all items left behind by the previous tenant of my home with the exception of her frilly underwear, those I trashed. When we got there I was very pleased to see some of her goods selling to support our future graduates.

I picked up a little lamp that I intend to use when my kids do shadow puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment