Monday, 25 March 2013

Wish you were here



Wow, there is so much to share.
The ferry ride was a trip. I still can’t get over the fact that they have alcohol available at the cafeteria. The passage is much rougher than Sunshine coast crossing between Vancouver and VI. I got a bit nauseous about hour three.  I was immediately met and welcomed by several staff members who have all been extremely kind and gracious. We had to be at the ferry dock two whole hours before the ferry departed, and the damn thing left an hour late. When we finally arrived at Bella Bella we disembarked only to realize Mom had no idea how to turn on the van’s headlights. After screaming at each other and much general freaking out we finally figured it out just in time to hit a police roadblock. No biggy, the cop was really nice and we were soon on our way. We arrived at my new home totally exhausted but thrilled to be there! The house was nice and warm and all the lights were on. The cat was most pleased to be out of the van. He was totally curious and has checked out every single nook and cranny in this place.
Sunday morning we woke up and sort of bumbled about until a friend arrived with her handsome little guy in tow. While he happily chased the cat around the house we sat and chatted, it was very nice, she even brought us sandwiches!!
I was advised this afternoon not to let the cat outdoors which I wasn’t going to anyway but get this…I shouldn’t let the cat out because of the large wolf population that hangs out in the woods behind my house. HOW COOL  IS THAT??? A wolf population!! It is not uncommon to hear them howling at night. Also there are bears and cougars regularly spotted…sooooooooo freaking cool!!! We have also seen lots and lots of ravens and eagles. I can tell I am going to have a fabulous time here with my camera. 

The school has two resident Ravens who sit above the entrance and look down upon us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment