This past week has gone by in a flurry and tomorrow I leave for Bella Bella. I am not 100% sure I am even used to the idea yet.
We will drive from Nanaimo up to Port Hardy and from there take a ferry to Bella Bella. We will be leaving around 9 in the morning and arrive around 1am. We picked up our rental van this morning and it took us awhile to figure out how to use the power seats. Then there was some confusion over how to turn off the massively gusting a/c. All of this becomes much more understandable when you learn that the vehicle my Mom and I have been using for the past six months was made in 1984, yes that is right our vehicle is almost as old as I am. So all of this modern technology is blowing our minds right now. It actually has a video screen that shows you the area behind your vehicle when you are backing up!
I don't know which house I will be moving into, what it will look like, or what awaits me when I get there. I was all about packing light and flying in but Mother got involved and suddenly we have a van, and a ton of stuff! We have so much packed but I still have that awful sensation something important will be left behind.
My old cat, Jazz, had gone through so many moves with me he could always sense when one was about to occur. He was a wary old predator and he would sit on a perch silently sulking and when it was time to put him into the cage he would turn into a whirling vortex of claws. Pumpkin on the other hand is not exactly daft but does not have the knife sharp instincts of Jazz. He has been exploring all the boxes, suitcases, and empty space with absolute joy and curiosity.

No comments:
Post a Comment