We still do not have internet at the house, this is no one's fault but our own though as we have been to busy to see about getting this connected. I wish that things were happening a bit faster but I think pictures will probably have to wait until this weekend. I actually haven't seen more of Bella Bella than my own road, all of us teachers are in the same little area together. I live about 40 maybe 50 paces away from the school, it takes me a total of a minute to get there each morning and I can go home for lunch.
We continue to see amazing ravens, and eagles. I've heard the dogs barking late at night and I'm told this is often a sign of a large predator nearby. This morning on my walk to school they all started barking in the morning mist, it was very cool. At night time I look out my back window hoping I will catch a glimpse of something because I've never seen a bear, wolf, or cougar in the wild.
I did hear some horror stories about my class on the ferry over to Bella Bella lol once I was past the point of no return. My first day went super smoothly, very easy stuff. Today however, things have not been as smooth and one of my little darlings went off the rails. I was prepared for this but it wasn't the student that I had been expecting instead it came from another source. He had, had enough and just wasn't going to take it anymore and he up and walked out of my class.
Oh, well. I think that sometimes it can be very difficult to learn that sometimes we have to do things that we don't want to do and that throwing hissy fits rarely gets us what we want. He will be back in my class again after lunch and the VP said it would be good for him to have a fresh start.
Another student informed me that he would not be around for the afternoon portion of class because he would be out fishing for herring with his dad. The other kids were jealous and asked if he would bring them back some fish.
No comments:
Post a Comment