Saturday, 7 June 2014

Things I learned today about my new home


 
Stop watching around 3:24 when they start selling the American Express Card.
  • Suzhou is pronounced Soochow.
  • Population is roughly 10 million. Might be a bit of a change from Bella Bella pop.1500.
  • Considered the "Venice of China" due to it's many canals, stone bridges, historical gardens, and pagodas.
  • The gardens are recognized as UNESCO Heritage sites.
  • Japanese took the city in 1937.
  • Sun Tzu, who wrote The Art of War, was born in Suzhou.
  • May through October the temperature is above 20 C, in the cooler months north westerly winds blowing in from Siberia can lower the temperature to below freezing. I AM GOING TO LIVE NEAR SIBERIA!! How freaking cool is that??
  • Suzhou is the 9th most populated city in China.
  • One of China's top tourist destinations.


3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! Cannot wait to read your stories and see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should ask my girls if they have been there.

    ReplyDelete