With the stress of the move and the upcoming gauntlet of medical tests, good-byes, visa applications, last minute details, injections, and whatnot...I'm going a bit loopy.
I'm not usually someone who tears up but in the last few days my eyes appear to have a sprung a leak on more than one occasion.
1. Writing to the new teacher who is taking over my class "_________ is a very curious young man, who loves sharks..." BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
2. Grade seven grad, watching the young people walk up to the stage escorted by their special loved ones, I was particularly moved by one young man who was with his grandparents. His Grandmother had spoken to me earlier in the day about her hopes and fears for him and the terrifying statistics about First Nations drop out rates. "We can get them as far as high school but then something happens and it is so hard to keep them there." *SNIFF*
3. Putting together a slide show of all the fun times we shared as a class this year. *sniffle*
4. Giving special recognition awards to the students who raised money for the Red Cross after the disaster in the Solomons and the student who shaved her head to support her Auntie's cancer treatment. *SOB*
5. Receiving a special gift from that one-in-a-million student. *waaaaaaaaaah*
I know that leaving is the right decision but I will miss my students dreadfully and I will carry this first year-long class with me for a very long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment