I've been slowly getting to know some of our new teachers, who all look overwhelmed at the moment. Some of the houses weren't clean when they arrived, and after the Principal's accident things have been a little disorganized. We also appear to be one teacher short...ruh roh.
Our head maintenance guy is in charge of the school building as well as all of the school housing. The poor man has been run ragged in the past two weeks with all of the damage done to the school, so some things haven't been done. Returning teachers are trying to be helpful and to make sure new teacher needs are being met but it is catch as catch can.
I have an ear infection that has made me very nearly deaf in my right ear. This has also affected my balance leading to some interesting times on top of tables and chairs as I have tried to get my bulletin boards up in time for tomorrow. My room is ready! I have my first few days planned, which should be very simple. Our first day is one hour of class, then we have full days on Wednesday and Thursday followed by a Pro D Day Friday.
| Valerie and my BFF |
No comments:
Post a Comment