Warning: This post contains TMI.
This morning I wasn't feeling very well but I went to school anyway because my predecessor was coming back and I wanted to be there with him and the kids.
Then I coughed up blood.
Then I panicked. I'm in a hotspot for TB so I waited until the school could arrange a substitute and then I went down the hill to the local hospital. Luckily I met a friend along the way and her and her son accompanied me on my journey. Nothing keeps you smiling like a two year old :)
Turns out that if you have a sinus infection, asthma, and the flu...which I do, you can have TB like symptoms. *phew*
The nurse helping me recognized my old-school injection site and asked me where I grew up. She was really nice and told me that I only have about a 5% chance of ever contracting TB.
So right now I am sitting here stoned on red and yellow pills, antibiotics and some kind of weird nasal spray.
Not how I thought my day was going to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment