Sunday, 12 May 2013
Potlatch Prep
Mom and I volunteered to help our friends put some finishing touches on their potlatch prep. The amount of preparation, money and rehearsals that go into one of these events is huge. Tonight our friends were trying to silk screen images onto wooden pieces and for whatever reason their attempts were all met with disaster, with a week to go the pressure is on. Mom was cutting out a silhouette to go on a traditional vest and I was painting dancing props. The props are really cool, they are two large goats - first time I have ever seen goats in First Nations art - used for a specific dance. One of the goats represents good and is painted white and yellow, while the bad goat is black and red. Seriously evil goat looks like he belongs on-stage beside Ozzy Osbourne.
Labels:
village life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment