Saturday, 11 May 2013

Creative Chaos

The students had a huge craft day on Friday. Every teacher was tasked with coming up with a culturally appropriate Heiltsuk craft for the students to do. These crafts will be kept and then the students will gift their work to the recipients of their choice at the Children's Cultural Celebration next Friday.

I worked with another teacher who luckily had some ideas for crafts and who also more or less did all of the set-up work. I just helped keep the room clean and kids on task.

The grade 12 students were in charge of moving little groups of mixed age students around from class to class. This was really cool because I got to watch the various generations of students interacting and helping each other with their work.

There was a group lead by two grade twelve boys who arrived in our room at the end of the day. The two older boys looked exhausted I asked them how they were doing and if they would consider a career in childcare. "No way!" "Teaching is hard work, you guys make it look so easy!"

 BAH HA HA HA HA HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment