Monday, 11 November 2013

Uh...

Well I've been teaching for nearly six months now and it seems to be going well enough.

But...

Well, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.
What happens now?
Days are blurring into weeks, and weeks are blurring into months. I swear it feels like September still. My life is revolving around school and most of my social life is tied in with other teachers. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my co-workers, they are awesome, I just want something more.

Is this it?
I feel like I am in an absurdist play, where everything is repeating and speeding up until the end.

I think back to special days spent travelling and one night in particular when I was out camping in the Western desert in Egypt. I had nothing else on my mind, I was totally in the moment, just loving the feeling of the sand between my toes and marvelling at the clarity of all the stars in the night sky. That night I wasn't worried about the time, there were no deadlines, I remember so much of it.

If you asked me to describe the last two weeks, it is all a blur.

I know I need some kind of change or something new I just don't know what it is I am looking for!!!

Does this mean I have reached my mid-life crisis?????



No comments:

Post a Comment