One of my students has been having some issues with the truth lately. Yesterday I came out of my classroom to find him in laying on the hallway floor squirming in pain with tears streaming down his face. "My Leg. HURRRRRRRRRRRTS!!" So I called down to the office and the Vice Principal came quickly to see what was going on.
He asked the boy "What happened to your leg."
"It hurrrrts."
"I can see that, how did you hurt it?"
"Yesterday at the hall."
"Hmmmm how did you get to school today?"
"I walked."
Anyway we got the young man up on his feet and into my classroom where he called home and his Grandmother said she would come and get him and take him to the hospital. So I helped him get on his rain gear and walked him down to the office, by this time the tears were gone although there was a definite limp.
"Ms, I forgot my homework."
"Oh, better run and get it."
So I stand there and watch him run back to class and then back to me again.
*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment