Well things around here have not been dull.
It turns out that our payroll clerk has made mistakes that total over ten thousand dollars, for this she has suffered a reprimand. I have been affected by this and let me tell ya, having someone mess with your income...not super fun! My favourite response: "Well, if they were gonna fuck me at least they could have bought me flowers!"
I was upset about the payroll issues so our principal gave me a camouflage hoody for my cat. I tried it on him and nearly peed myself laughing at the ridiculousness. Sometimes when the world goes to shit you just need to dress your cat in red neck garb.
We are not offered contract renewal until April and there are currently more teachers than positions available so I am circulating my resume again on the off chance I am not offered a position. I would like to stay in Canada but financially it seems wiser to go abroad. Perhaps I should have named my blog the travelling teacher.
Over Christmas break I dog-sat for the owner of a pair of vizslas. It was an extraordinary experience and if any of you are looking for an energetic, very loving, family pet, I can not recommend them highly enough. They clean themselves like cats so there is no dog smell! Ginger the younger of the pair flies along the trails we walk, she reminded me of African gazelles.
I hosted a birthday party for a friend and our theme was *Tacky party* so we had a blast coming up with all kinds of silly decor and snacks. A fellow teacher found a box of expired jewel toned condoms in our resource room so I took them home and decorated the walls with them. At the end of the night as we were cleaning up an impromptu condom fight was waged, I will be picking random condoms out of cushions, plants, and god knows where for the next few days. Totally worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment