I've always felt that whether or not a person is hired for a job has a lot to do with chance. There are so many variables at play. For instance when I was hired for my position in Bella Bella I was chosen over a person with more experience based on my time spent abroad. The board felt that someone accustomed to moving around was more likely to stay. In fact I only found out about the position because of a random post on facebook.
In the last month I've applied to about 65ish jobs.
I think my best chances are:
North Island School District - This is another BC school district at the North end of Vancouver Island.
Panama - Panama City
Ecuador
and finally Torreon, Mexico.
My first choice would probably be North Island closely followed by Panama.
Wish me luck. New jobs are posted every day and I keep applying.
LUCK!
ReplyDeleteAlso, remember when you showed me Guys and Dolls? Good times.