We are here for today and a bit of tomorrow.
The very first thing I realized as we walked the gorgeous old stone paved streets is this: This is a place you come to stay for a week or longer, a place where you amble down side streets, take in cafes, soak up the atmosphere and just slow down and enjoy life.
I will have to come here again.
Our itinerary for the next 48 hours:
Van Gogh Museum
Flower Market
Beautiful Canal area/shopping district
Flea market
Rijksmuseum -Home to works of all the Dutch greats.
Red Bus Tour of the city.
And my cousin wants to see the red light district.
...so we aren't taking this slow ha ha ha.
This city is amazing, it is this fabulous mix of 16th/17th century architecture mixed with amazing Industrial style Iron bridges and space age structures. The general feeling of the place is very gentle, nothing is rushed, people are helpful and English speakers are plentiful.
Probably won't upload any pictures until I get back to Canada.
No comments:
Post a Comment