Sometimes best laid plans get derailed. By now I was supposed to be teaching at an awesome school in China. It didn't happen.
I've spent the last month and a half applying to jobs and interviewing for any number of positions.
Some of the Canadian places I've applied to:
Vancouver
Prince George
Comox Valley
Sooke
Kootenay lakes
Surrey
Delta
Langley
Nunavut
Campbell River
Ladysmith
Zeballos
Several First Nations Schools
Some of the International places I've applied to:
Panama
Venezuela
Ecuador
Honduras
Georgia
Malaysia
Mexico
Vietnam
Albania
Neither list is exhaustive.
I have been offered a few jobs but been unable to accept for a variety of reasons. I've had lovely rejection letters, I've had great interviews, I've had interviews cut off after three questions, and I've been offered an interview and then heard nothing back for a month only to be informed that the position had been filled...no kidding :) HAH Just got another polite rejection letter from district #8, they really are the best no one else bothers sending a notification, I appreciate their kindness.
I get daily emails from friends asking how it is going...it is going...it is a process and I have to be patient. My preference would be to teach Secondary Social justice or drama. My feeling is that I will probably find another intermediate position or middle school. As to where I will end up...hah...um...your guess is as good as mine.
If I don't find a position soon I will go to Bella Bella and hang out with my Mother. Finding the job in Bella Bella took about two and a half months...I'll get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment